Autoreinstallation image is not signed.

Kim Quirk kim at laptop.org
Tue Jun 3 18:56:21 EDT 2008

John,
We experienced quite a large number of 'software broken' laptops when
we first starting shipping both in Uruguay and in the G1G1 program. I
thought one of the things Ivan did in Uruguay was to help them reflash
their laptops when they couldn't boot due to journal corruption or
other software related reasons. Not sure if this is the same problem.

How many do you think are recoverable with software reflash? Have they
been recovering these, or have these fallen into one of their other
piles of 'broken' laptops?

Thanks,
Kim