Need help installing an activity

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Mon Jun 2 06:42:33 EDT 2008

shivaprasad javali wrote:
> Hi Bert,
>
>           I tried sugar-install-bundle its giving me an error timeout in the
> network connection. Do i have to be connected in the network before I can
> run that command??

Did you run the command in the Terminal activity? In the virtual console you will
have errors.

'''with sugar-install-bundle'''
# open the Terminal activity;
# type <tt>''sugar-install-bundle /media/<USB stick name>/<Activity name.xo>''</tt>

>          Also i tried Simon's suggestion in the follow up mail. When i try
> to install it through the browse activity it just stays on that page for a
> long time with a waiting mouse cursor and then abruptly quits without
> installing the activity. Also i cannot find an entry for that download in
> the journal

Hmm I would need logs to see what happened.

>      Can you think of anything that i might be doing wrong??  When I use
> unzip to unzip the .xo file in the appropriate directory and restart the
> xserver it works fine.

You can also install an activity from the Journal by dragging the .xo bundle from
the USB device.

Simon