Need help installing an activity

shivaprasad javali jbsp72 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 04:29:58 EDT 2008

Hi,

     I prepared a .xo file for my application to be installed on the XO. I
created the .xo file by running the zip command on the activity folder. Now
if I have to install the activity through a thumb drive, I go to the
terminal move to Activities folder and then unzip the .xo file there. Then I
have to restart the xserver for my activity to show up on the home page.

    Is there any way I can install the activity like this without having to
restart the xserver or restart the xserver implicitly??

    Also can I do the installation through the journal if I have the .xo
file on a thumb drive??

Thanks
Shivaprasad