specifying what services Activities may use

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 07:02:18 EDT 2008

Hi Mikus, John, Michael et al,

Thanks for testing some activities and noting that many are broken.

This will certainly be a user problem! There was a thread on it two
weeks ago: http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-July/016501.html

We didn't close it well. I can't speak effectively for activity
developers so we need to hear from you, thanks for speaking up!

One result of the last thread is a Release notes section for activities
needing upgrade:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_Notes/8.2.0#Activities_Needing_Upgrade

I got Playgo and Measure off this thread. Add any others or name them
here and I'll post them.

I'm not sure if an activity that fails due to API change is a bug or a
feature but we should keep a record of it for users and developers.

Michael and team,

Can we get documentation of all API changes (since 708 and 656) that
affect activities ASAP?

BTW where is the definitive documentation of all APIs available to
activities and is it up to date?

When can we freeze API changes for 8.2.0?

Let me know how I can help in this area. I see it as critical to user
satisfaction and activity developer satisfaction too.

Thanks,

Greg S