CIS solar charging-correct list?

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Tue Jul 29 10:38:58 EDT 2008

Stan. SWAN wrote:

> Greetings- in spite of numerous xxxx at lists.laptop.org categories I
> can't find any concerned with solar charging! Can someone please
> direct me, as  => devel at lists.laptop.org seems essentially software.

Your at the right spot.  We don't have a list broken down to that level.

> air) ,& although the CIS PV worked wonderfully- especially off angle
> &under overcast skies (when it outperformed a 20W polyX PV) - initial
> results indicate 10W PVs are marginal for OLPC/XO.

I'm very interested in the details of your results.

> www.manuka.orconhosting.net.nz/cisxo2.jpg

In this photo your output voltage is below the turn on threshold of the
laptop.  You need 11V before the DC/DC converter will start.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child