Cannot boot joyride-2200 from USB stick

Ton van Overbeek tvoverbeek at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 22:16:06 EDT 2008

Ton van Overbeek wrote:
> Deepak Saxena wrote:
>
>> USB needs sd_mod which is still built into the kernel. Issue ended up
>> being
>> that we need to load ohci-hcd, not ehci-scd. Working ramdisk @:
>>
>> http://dev.laptop.org/~dsaxena/olpcrd-2200-fixup.img
>>
>> ~Deepak
>>

> Thanks Deepak.
> I am now at work away from my XO. Will try tonight and let you know if
> it works for me.
>
> Ton

As expected joyride-2200 does boot properly from USB with your fixed
ramdisk.
However when I get to the initial screen to define the name of the computer
the mouse and keyboard are not working.
Looking at vt1 (Ctrl-Alt-F1) shows that the xserver does not load module
evdev:
  (EE) module ABI minor version (1) is newer than server's version (0)
  (EE) Failed to load module "evdev" (module requirement mismatch, 0)

Compared with booting the devel-ext3 joyride 2200 image from a SD card
(without the fixed ramdisk) -> Same behavior.

I had the same behavior (dead keyboard and mouse) in qemu, believe this
was fixed in a later joyride by an xserver update.

Checked with booting todays devel-ext3 joyride-2224 from SD card: this
build works OK,
I can even download most of the activites via control panel software update.

Now waiting till your ramdisk fix makes it into joyride, so you can
close trac #7620.
Thanks again for fixing this.

Ton