joyride keyboard problems & GL/glx

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Fri Jul 25 09:10:12 EDT 2008

2008/7/25 Martin Dengler <martin at martindengler.com>:
> On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 08:10:21AM -0400, Chris Marshall wrote:
>
>> For a lot of applications, using the 3D framework with the simpler
>> geometries and more image-oriented, a software OpenGL can be quite
>> acceptable.
>
> Forgive the uninformed question, but this would be a requirement for
> clutter to run on the XO, right?

>From http://clutter-project.org/: "Runs on Linux, Windows and OSX with
backend window system support for GLX, EGL, WGL, SDL and Cocoa."

We support SDL; that's what all our pygame activities use.  I believe
we are only specifically talking about GLX support (that's OpenGL
directly implemented by the X server) at this time.  Since we're doing
software rendering in any case, GLX (Mesa in the X server) is not
substantially differenent from linking Mesa directly to your
application.
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )