For review: NAND out of space patch.

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Tue Jul 22 16:26:24 EDT 2008

On 22 Jul 2008, at 13:38, Morgan Collett wrote:

> Another approach of which I vaguely remember discussion, is be
> deleting activities instead of data. (Except for Browse, and
> Terminal... so you can possibly get them back again!)
>
> There would then be a symptom which they would hopefully notice before
> hitting the unbootable state, so they would know what caused it and
> hopefully avoid it.

I'm not sure how much space is needed, but eToys has 3.18Mb mpg movie
sitting there as part of a demo file, not sure why it needs to be
quite so large:

	usr/share/etoys/ExampleEtoys/ParticleDyeInWater.mpg

Anyway, I _really_ dislike the idea of intended file loss, though as
was pointed out it's better than a kid losing all their data. Is it
possible to trigger a script that asks for a USB stick to be inserted
and then move items over there?

--Gary