For review: NAND out of space patch.

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 08:38:22 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 04:21, Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here's a small Python script that acts as a final fail-safe in the event
> that the datastore is full and we can't boot because of it, by deleting
> datastore files largest-first until we cross a threshold of how much
> free space is "enough".  It could be incorporated into the Python init
> process.  (See #7591 for more detail.)

Another approach of which I vaguely remember discussion, is be
deleting activities instead of data. (Except for Browse, and
Terminal... so you can possibly get them back again!)

There would then be a symptom which they would hopefully notice before
hitting the unbootable state, so they would know what caused it and
hopefully avoid it.

Morgan