PlayGo Patches/Commit access

Nate Ridderman nate.ridderman at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 20:25:55 EDT 2008

Andrés,

Go is one of my favorite games, so I'm excited to see that someone has
picked up development again! It requires such balance between aggressiveness
and defense, as well as local play vs spreading out on the board - I think
it's a great game for kids to learn. I look forward to trying out a new
version, and I agree that collaboration is an important problem to tackle
soon. Adding GnuGo (http://www.gnu.org/software/gnugo/) support would be a
great addition too. It would be nice to support GnuGo and collaboration over
the same networking framework, but I don't know enough about the
collaboration framework and Bitfrost to know if this is a possibility. GnuGo
generally runs as it's own process and communicates over GTP (
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnugo/gnugo_19.html#SEC196).

It seems there's a lack of documentation for people like yourself who want
to pick up development on an existing activity. Most people who want shell
access to dev.laptop.org also want to host a new activity. I wasn't able to
find anything on the wiki about requesting shell access. Maybe putting a
blurb on the wiki about who to contact would be helpful.

Nate