OFW sad face doesn't say why

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Sat Jul 19 11:45:36 EDT 2008

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 5:52 AM, Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com> wrote:
> Yes, I am running a joyride build on that system.  This whole
> business of "what indicators need to be placed where" is a complete
> mystery to me.  That is why I use a "permanent" SD card, with my
> develop.sig on that card -- then if I need to re-flash NAND I don't
> have to worry about who/how puts a develop.sig file in NAND.  [Yes,
> there was the correct develop.sig for that system in NAND;  only the
> SD card (looked at first by OFW) had the incorrect one.]

Mitch, it looks like the real issue here, then, is that OFW doesn't
continue to look for develop.sig on other devices once it's found one
which doesn't work.  If it had, then the presence of a bogus
develop.sig on SD wouldn't have preventing OFW from finding the
correct develop.sig on NAND and booting the system correctly.

That sounds like a bug we can fix.

(Mikus: the info you're looking for is
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Startup_Diagnosis )
 --scott