OFW sad face doesn't say why

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sat Jul 19 05:52:33 EDT 2008

Scott wrote (regarding me booting with the wrong develop.sig on an
SD card):
> Do you normally use a developer key in order to boot -- ie, are you
> running a joyride build on BB?  Is the root problem here, perhaps,
> that after OFW finds a develop.sig on the SD card which doesn't work,
> it doesn't continue to look in other places (like NAND)?

Yes, I am running a joyride build on that system.  This whole
business of "what indicators need to be placed where" is a complete
mystery to me.  That is why I use a "permanent" SD card, with my
develop.sig on that card -- then if I need to re-flash NAND I don't
have to worry about who/how puts a develop.sig file in NAND.  [Yes,
there was the correct develop.sig for that system in NAND;  only the
SD card (looked at first by OFW) had the incorrect one.]

mikus