Packaging scripts depend on a modern mock?

Martin Langhoff martin at laptop.org
Thu Jul 17 00:00:27 EDT 2008

Hi Michael, list,

the ds-backup packaging is based on your scripts (
http://dev.laptop.org/git/users/mstone/rpm-packaging ) and I am not
100% sure how it is meant to work but attempting to build a snapshot
or a release makes it snap back at me with

   mock.py: error: no such option: --define

This is on an XS image where I've installed the dependencies (mock,
rpmdev, etc). Is this expected or the mock from F7 should be enough?

# rpm -qi mock
Name        : mock                         Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 0.8.7                             Vendor: Fedora Project
Release     : 1.fc7                         Build Date: Tue 06 Nov
2007 18:47:15 EST
Install Date: Wed 16 Jul 2008 21:28:25 EDT      Build Host:
xenbuilder1.fedora.redhat.com
Group       : Development/Tools             Source RPM: mock-0.8.7-1.fc7.src.rpm
Size        : 230186                           License: GPLv2+
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Mon 12 Nov 2007 11:53:46 EST, Key ID b44269d04f2a6fd2
Packager    : Fedora Project
URL         : http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/Mock
Summary     : Builds packages inside chroots
Description :
Mock takes a srpm and builds it in a chroot

In any case, I will be setting up a F9 environment, but the one I had
handy has been mkfs'd over.

cheersm

 - ask interesting questions