Touch pad

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Wed Jul 16 11:42:48 EDT 2008

David Leeming wrote:

> The cp command gave a string of complaints that the source and destination
> files "are the same file". I am therefore unsure if it worked successfully
> as per the comment below on the wiki page. However after a reboot the
> touchpad still works...

> updated correctly

nod.  There's a lot of noise when you do the copy.  A quick ls -l to
verify that the bzImage symlink now points at your new kernel can be
used if you have doubts.  And then uname -a when you reboot to verify
the commit ID matches what you think you installed.  Always a good
check.  I've installed the wrong .rpm a few times.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child