Code name for 9.1.0

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Mon Jul 14 17:40:26 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 5:24 PM, Greg Smith <gregsmitholpc at gmail.com> wrote:
> My suggestion is to use names of famous pedagogues as code names. I
> suggest we call this one Freire for Paulo Freire
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulo_Freire)
>
> Any other votes or code name suggestions?

Well, I'm not sure that would get my vote -- at least not until
someone tells me how it's supposed to be pronounced.

My original suggestion was to follow the Fedora model and (a) solicit
suggestions from the community, followed by (b) a big fun vote.
That's a little different from the model you are using.

> I need to pick a name by end of day Thursday so I can create the Wiki
> page. Vote now or forever hold your peace!

The wiki lets you trivially rename pages, and I'd recommend having a
redirect from '9.1' in any case.  I don't see that we've got to rush
this process unduly.  Just create it as '9.1' or 'pre9.1' for now and
we'll rename it once we've got a name.
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )