LZO support

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Mon Jul 14 14:35:32 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 2:05 PM, NoiseEHC <NoiseEHC at freemail.hu> wrote:
> Currently I am profiling/rewriting the LZO decompression code.

Again, be warned that there's no guarantee we will ever use LZO
compression.  The plan of record is to disable compression on selected
files instead.  That's not to say you shouldn't do the work if it
interests you, just that you'll be facing an uphill battle & don't say
we didn't warn you. =)

> worthwhile to include in the kernel. Note that if this succeeds then

Are your benchmarks catting data from a jffs2 partition on FLASH or an
ext2/3 partition on a hard drive?  I'd be interested to know exactly
how far we are from being IO limited at present.  Are we quibbling
about details in the noise?
  --scott

ps. even with the above warning, there are many scenarios we might
find ourselves using LZO on jffs2, at least for a short while, so good
luck!

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )