State of 8.2.0, July 12, 2008

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 04:22:50 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 6:11 AM, Michael Stone <michael at laptop.org> wrote:
> Dennis recently made us an 8.2 release build stream. For the time being, you're
> all doing a great job providing good fixes, so Dennis will automatically merge
> changes from joyride into the 8.2 stream as soon as he sees a positive report
> about the changes. Please leave us messages in Trac, then poke us if you need
> to attract our attention to your change. (In a couple of weeks, we'll start
> being more selective about which changes we include [at which time this
> communication will become more important.)

What do you mean with "positive report"? Do we need to notify Dennis
as soon as we verified the changes are working? If so, how?

> Joe really needs nice package-level changelogs in order to quickly figure out
> exactly which individual issues he's supposed to be testing in a given build.
> I'm sure he'll give us some hints soon about what he wants to see; in the
> meantime, please put some extra effort into writing informative changelog
> entries that will be useful for QA (and for me). (I'm looking at you, kernel
> team!)

For the Sugar packages what we can easily produce is a list of tickets
that has been fixed (we have a ticket for each change) and testcases
for these fixes. These can be generated automatically from the git log
so that we don't put too much overhead on the module maintainers.

Marco