New 8.2 Stream

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Sat Jul 12 04:34:44 EDT 2008

Please bump the version number for the 8.2 series to 720 or 750 so
that we maintain a consistent numbering for "stable series" builds.

Commit e2edf07ed3249b6b639c8f3102198d3ffa2654b2 should also be
reverted in the 8.2 branch, as it is only appropriate for joyride.
(We used to maintain a strict separation between the 'master',
'autobuild', and 'joyride' branches but that distinction has fallen
into disuse.)

I made a number of commits to the joyride branch tonight for testing
the new activity update code (trac #4951) and fixing bugs
olpc-updating to the latest builds (trac #7448); I'll petition mstone
about pulling them into 8.2 once I get some confidence they actually
work, don't break the build, etc.

I assume m_stone will be watching the pilgrim diff between joyride and
8.2 and making sure that bugs fixed in joyride do make it into 8.2
eventually unless there is good reason to keep the fixes out.
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )