Log Activity log posting.

Faisal Anwar fanwar at mediamods.com
Wed Jul 9 14:31:52 EDT 2008

Hi,

I've been documenting logging for sugar recently and would be very
interested in any standardization of logging, so please keep me posted. I've
documented roughly the process that already exists for python standard
logging if people want to write to log files in sugar (see
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Python_Standard_Logging_in_Sugar). Right now, I
instruct developers to just go ahead and create their own custom handlers
and formatters. If we want more security in terms of where logs go, I think
having an entryin the .info file coupled with a standard api in the
sugar.logger package (which is right now just a minimal set of code) might
be most appropriate. This might allow users to then look at logs more easily
throgh the Log activity, if there is some known place where logs go.

Thanks

Faisal