qemu on Kubuntu - error regarding 3dnow support.

Deepak Saxena dsaxena at laptop.org
Wed Jul 9 11:00:19 EDT 2008

On Jul 09 2008, at 15:14, Torello Querci was caught saying:
> The ext2 image, I suppose, is oriented to be used in external device or
> virtualization system. If qemu, vmware and virtualbox are not able to handle
> 3dnow extension, since I suppose to be run on more power system like AMD64 or
> IntelCore3, I think that is better if this option is not enbaled on this
> image type.

Currently we do not build different kernel configs or have an easy method
to do so automatically.  I'll add it to my todo list to build a kernel
RPM w/o 3dNow support but if you you have an F9 system and want
something right away, you can follow the directions at [1] to rebuild
the RPM yourself.

~Deepak

[1] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Rebuilding_OLPC_kernel

--