Puritan F-9-based builds.

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Tue Jul 8 21:39:20 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 08:55:48PM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 08:40:36PM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> > * updates to the puritan UI and the f9 compilation which make combine to
> >   deliver a bootable image. (As of this instant, you'll need to start X
> >   manually with olpc-dm)
>
> In the build I created, NM did not start automatically. I'm not sure
> whether this was because I entered the wrong runlevel by default or
> because of some other configuration error. At any rate, the failure of
> NM to start caused the PS to fail when it checked the return code of
> 'route -n' (I assume because no interfaces were configured) which in
> turn killed Sugar. Sigh.

The latest puritan f9 compilation now correctly starts NM and enters
runlevel 5 by default. (Turns out that I removed those options early in
the F-9 rebase process and forgot to restore them. Grr.) Anyway, while
I'm sure that other bugs remain, Puritan HEAD is now officially capable
of generating testable F-9-based builds.

Michael