[Localization] How do we manage translation effort in Release process/roadmap?

Torello Querci torello at torosoft.com
Mon Jul 7 11:56:07 EDT 2008

Alle giovedì 3 luglio 2008, Kim Quirk ha scritto:
> In order to help focus which translations are high priority for this
> release, I have listed the languages we are shipping to today and
> expect to ship to in the next 4-6 months. They are in size order:
>
> Spanish (Peru, Uruguay, Mexico), 200k
> Mongolia, 20k (10k now, 10k by end of year)
> French (Rwanda), 10k (5k now, 5k in late fall)
> Kreyol (Haiti), 13k (6k now, 7k later)
> Amharic (Ethiopia), 5000
> Khmer (Cambodia), 1000
> Dari (Afghanistan), 3000 (1k now, 2k later)
> Thai, 500
> Devanagari, 500
> Portuguese (Brazil), 200
> Arabic, ~500
>
> Receiving laptops in the next 3-6 months:
> Oceania, 500
> Italy, 600
> Turkey, 15k
> Senegal (French), 1000
> Argentina, Equitorial Guinea, Panama (Spanish)
Hi Kim, I see that is scheduled a delivery for Italy.

Since the official build seems not include the translation work made using
pootle, I'm interesting know, if possibile, which OS image will be shipped in
the italian verision on XO.
Have we time to check and/or complete the transaltion work? And if yes can you
give me a deadline?

Regards, Torello