How do we manage translation effort in Release process/roadmap?

Kim Quirk kim at laptop.org
Thu Jul 3 00:24:17 EDT 2008

This is a good point and I hope Michael will be able to address it. If
there are any questions about how to get translations into pootle or
into a build, please post them so we can get them resolved quickly.

In order to help focus which translations are high priority for this
release, I have listed the languages we are shipping to today and
expect to ship to in the next 4-6 months. They are in size order:

Spanish (Peru, Uruguay, Mexico), 200k
Mongolia, 20k (10k now, 10k by end of year)
French (Rwanda), 10k (5k now, 5k in late fall)
Kreyol (Haiti), 13k (6k now, 7k later)
Amharic (Ethiopia), 5000
Khmer (Cambodia), 1000
Dari (Afghanistan), 3000 (1k now, 2k later)
Thai, 500
Devanagari, 500
Portuguese (Brazil), 200
Arabic, ~500

Receiving laptops in the next 3-6 months:
Oceania, 500
Italy, 600
Turkey, 15k
Senegal (French), 1000
Argentina, Equitorial Guinea, Panama (Spanish)

Not included:
Birmingham, South Carolina, NY (because they are English) and
deployments that got US/Eng keyboards that weren't big enough to
designate the shipping location.

-Kim