8.2 Kernel status update

Deepak Saxena dsaxena at laptop.org
Fri Jul 4 15:09:19 EDT 2008

On Jul 02 2008, at 10:16, Jim Gettys was caught saying:
> The other issue it would be nice to get fixed is the jffs2 full
> performance falling off the wall cliff, for which there is a patch that
> the Nokia folks have deployed.  While in development we seldom run full,
> running full is likely the usual state in the field.
>
> Dave, have you had a chance to look at it?

Dave looked at it and doesn't like the implementation. I can
throw it into our joyride along with the needed changes to
olpcrd to mount with a root reservation of 4M or so as a
stop-gap to a better solution until we have something better.
Note that both the patch and Dave's proposal of having a sysfs
attribute for root reservation and other attributes don't
really address the slow performance at full issue. They just
keep the filesystem from being filled so we don't see the condition.

~Deepak

--
Deepak Saxena <dsaxena at laptop.org>