Inappropriate use of private meetings & lists. (reply to).

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Thu Jul 3 04:52:09 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 4:15 AM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org> wrote:
> 2008/7/2 Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us>:
>> I personally really dislike being CC'd on lists im subscribed to I find it
>> extremely poor netiquette  of all the mailing lists im subscribed to
>
> FWIW, I prefer the oppposite.  My mail gets filtered in general
> *unless* I'm explicitly named, either in the Cc or To line or (for
> some lists) in the body of the email.  If anyone out there cares,
> delete dennis from yr cc lists, but *add* me if you specifically want
> me to see it.  My mail client draws a nice arrow by the email to
> indicate that I was cc'ed specifically.

Can someone please specify how we have to configure our mail clients,
set the mailing lists accordingly and end this discussion? ;)

Now seriously, email is for communicating with other people, if you
set your tools in such a way that when the other people communicate,
they inflict pain on you, maybe you should consider changing your
configuration?

Personally, I don't feel offended by anybody's email habits.

Regards,

Tomeu