Inappropriate use of private meetings & lists. (reply to).

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Wed Jul 2 22:15:16 EDT 2008

2008/7/2 Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us>:
> I personally really dislike being CC'd on lists im subscribed to I find it
> extremely poor netiquette  of all the mailing lists im subscribed to

FWIW, I prefer the oppposite.  My mail gets filtered in general
*unless* I'm explicitly named, either in the Cc or To line or (for
some lists) in the body of the email.  If anyone out there cares,
delete dennis from yr cc lists, but *add* me if you specifically want
me to see it.  My mail client draws a nice arrow by the email to
indicate that I was cc'ed specifically.
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )