fonts-thai-ttf has been abandoned!

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 21:01:11 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 2:52 PM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org> wrote:
> We added a package named 'fonts-thai-ttf' to our builds a while ago
> for thai font support.  However, no one here now remembers where this
> font came from, or where the upstream came from.  Can someone familiar
> with thai support help out?  Ideally we'd like to confirm the
> licensing and then grow a maintainer for this package in fedora.
> Thanks!

I would expect it to be the same as the Debian package ttf-thai-tlwg,
but if not, then you have a new resource.

Thai fonts in TrueType format
This package provides some free-licensed fonts that are
enhanced by developpers from Thai Linux Working Group.
In TrueType format.

At the moment, it provides two families from the National Font
Project (Garuda, Norasi), one from NECTEC (Loma) and three
developed by TLWG itself (Tlwg Mono, Tlwg Typewriter, Purisa).

http://www.nida.gov.kh/activities/localization/thai.pdf

>  --scott
>
> --
>  ( http://cscott.net/ )