DC connector for G1G1 people

Arjun Sarwal arjun at laptop.org
Tue Jan 29 17:18:24 EST 2008

John,

Even mouser catalog doesn't have the exact size we require.
The ideal would be 1.7mm(inner) and 5.5mm(outer)

Out of these two dimensions I think conforming to the inner one would
be a better bet, if we can't match both, because the spring contact
that touches the outer barrel has more flexibility to size variations.
This is what we did the last time we(Richard and I) ordered from
digikey when we chose the 1.7mm x 4.8mm compromising slightly on the
outer diameter size.

I guess that's the best connector to suggest people right now.

The digikey part number is

CP-2199-ND

(the connector comes with a connected cable along with it making it
easy to connect for people)

I've tried it and it seems to work just about ok with an XO.

thanks
Arjun