Battery charging and display intensity in joyride-1594

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Tue Jan 29 09:03:21 EST 2008

Hi,

   > I guess we could "fix" it by not undimming the display if we wake
   > up just because of network activity?

That's a very interesting idea.  Maybe I should throw a version of OHM
that does this into Joyride to see how it goes.

   > I also find it annoying, and I guess we could make the idle timeout
   > tunable somehow.  For now, you can "tune" it by killing ohm.

It's already tunable on the XO, in /etc/ohm/plugins.d/timeouts.ini.
Run "service ohmd restart" after modifying.

Please don't just change your personal timeouts, though -- I'd like to
find out what the best defaults are.  The timeouts aren't locked into
place for Update.1; if we find that going from 30->60 seconds before
suspend makes people happier, I'll change it.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>