Battery charging and display intensity in joyride-1594

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue Jan 29 00:51:35 EST 2008

Mark Bauer wrote:

> Second issue..  Not touching the system, the display intensity keeps
> jumping up and down.

This is ohm suspending the laptop after 20 seconds of inactivity,
and network traffic waking it up shortly after.

I guess we could "fix" it by not undimming the display if
we wake up just because of network activity?

> I am still on AC, no need to dim the display,  it is just a bit
> annoying.

There's no (easy) way to tell whether your AC has an
infinite amount of cheap energy or of your grandpa is
cranking to keep the laptop going.

I also find it annoying, and I guess we could make the idle
timeout tunable somehow.  For now, you can "tune" it by
killing ohm.

--
 \___/
 |___|   Bernardo Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/