tcp/ip assumptions

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Jan 28 22:19:50 EST 2008

G'day Mikus,

I agree with Thomas ... if your "relay" system is not providing
transparent proxy for TCP/IP then there are certainly some things in
the XO software that will not work.  Perhaps your "relay" does not
support the XO.

I have looked at the DNS requests made by the XO and they are
correct.  If your "relay" does not support them, it may be time to
fix it.

The XO software certainly makes assumptions, but these are so
trivially provided by a school server and internet connection that I
don't see these assumptions as a problem.

--
James Cameron