Python Development

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Mon Jan 28 18:01:55 EST 2008

Hi,

On Mon, 2008-01-28 at 16:25 -0500, 7150 wrote:
> I am sorry to bother you on this list, but answers seem not to becoming
> from elsewhere.

You are welcome, questions like this are more than appropriate, but is
better to have them in the sugar mailing list:

Also, feel free to drop by #sugar if you want more direct contact:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/IRC#irc.freenode.net_channels

> 1. I built  a Fedora 7 Python development machine. Sugar-jhbuild runs
> just fine on it. I started the tutorial at:
>
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/l-dw-linux-xo-python-i.html
>
> The process works fine until I try to create a package and the system
> cannot find "sugar.activity". I cannot find it with "find".

What do you mean by create a package? Can you paste the exact commands?

> Sugar-jhbuild is located in a subdirectory of /home/olpc/.
>
> I am running as the olpc user.

Jhbuild can be hard to set up by the first time, but once it works uses
to last for at least one release ;) Being in F7 you should not have many
problems.

Good luck,

Tomeu