XO Speech Server : speech-dispatcher

Hemant Goyal goyal.hemant at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 11:40:21 EST 2008

Hi,

We have been analyzing the speech-dispatcher as a viable option for the XO.
Our initial analysis has thrown up great results and it seems to support the
present requirements from a speech synthesis server. With the inclusion of
speech-dispatcher on the XO we will be able to have a truly client-server
based model for speech synthesis. It uses sockets for communication (is that
okay ?)

Speech-dispatcher has provided a Python Client API [
http://cvs.freebsoft.org/repository/speechd/src/python/speechd/client.py?view=markup
].

Questions:

   1. We are wondering whether this API would be directly usable/suitable
   for use on the XO or it should be modified to make it simpler to use?
   2. How can we request for inclusion of the speech-dispatcher daemon
   services and libraries on the XO?

Thanks!

--
Hemant Goyal