build 690 problems

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Sun Jan 27 09:24:16 EST 2008

Hi, just joining this list.  I have a g1g1 and just did my first
developer-key update from the shipped build to the rc1 build
(update.1-690).  Here's a few issues:

Connecting to my home WPA (v1, psk; linksys WAP54g) is flaky.  I can
usually get it to work but only after several tries.  First (auto)
attempt after reboot never works.  I *think* I have to wait for it to
time out connecting to all the APs I've ever used, and only then can I
click the desired AP and it may connect (and it sometimes just asks
repeatedly for the WEP key).
This morning it doesn't work at all for me. :-(

What log file can I enable/send?

Once I'm connected, the browse activity is now extremely slow.  Doesn't
seem like a DNS delay, seems more like it's not responding to the
network packets (but I haven't installed a sniffer so hard to say).

The TurtleArt activity's title in the task bar (?) in the main screen
has a typo: it's called "TurteArt" (missing the "l").

If you start TamTamJam and play (so it's playing the sequence) and then
suspend, coming out of suspend takes a really long time; you press a
keyboard key, a few notes come out, do that a dozen times or so and
eventually the machine starts responding.  Perhaps some audio events are
getting queued up and should be flushed on resume?

-- Gary Oberbrunner