PDF reader not really user friendly...

Chas. Owens chas.owens at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 12:50:38 EST 2008

On Jan 26, 2008 4:00 AM, Hilaire Fernandes <hilaire at ofset.org> wrote:
> Not sure it has been reported.
> I looks to me (from update.1) the PDF reader is not user friendly,
> especially when one want to read book in portrait format, full screen
> and navigate from page to page (pressing one button to move
> next/previous page).
> I found the operation to achieve to this not obvious and not intuitive.
snip

Yes, the page-up (O) and page-down (X) buttons should move to the
start of the next and previous pages not scroll a fixed amount.

snip
> Probably when the screen is rotated, the PDF reader should be set in a
> special full screen mode with per-page navigation mode.
> It is a minimum for a decent eBook reader.
snip

I can't disagree with this more.  Many of my PDFs have massive margins
that make the text unreadable if I try to fit the whole page on the
screen.  I will always need a custom zoom level.  You can get a full
screen view by pressing alt-enter (alt-enter also brings back the
menu).