compiler / glibc optimization

Jeffrey Kesselman jeffpk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 23:03:28 EST 2008

On Jan 25, 2008 8:11 PM, Albert Cahalan <acahalan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Really, the XO is fully capable of being a primary development
> workstation. This won't work for long without dogfooding.

Oh.. you mean like a TIVO... or your router....

or any number of other Linux based systems you have in your house
that aren't intended for development but instead are cross developed for

Serving your own dogfood to your own dog is one thing.  Test should certainly
be done on the target platform.

Spreading it on bread and eating it for lunch is another thing entierly.

I'd agree with you if the goal of the OLPC project was to teach kids
Linux system development.....  but I've never heard *anyone* say that.

Its a device for a purpose.  It performs that purpose well. That
purpose aiui is not the kind of development you are saying should be
done on it.

--
~~ Microsoft help desk says: reply hazy, ask again later. ~~