joyride build - versus - yum update

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Fri Jan 18 22:22:00 EST 2008

> Changes in build 1544 from build: 1543
> -olpc-library-common 1-18
> +olpc-library-common 1-19
> -olpc-library-core 1-19
> +olpc-library-core 1-20

Because I apply customizations, it takes me considerable time to do
an install of a new build.  Instead, I prefer to run 'yum update' --
that lets me keep my existing customized os, and simply put in the
newest modules.

But NOT all new modules that show up in new builds are being found
by 'yum update'.  For example, 'rpm -q ___' shows the two modules
quoted above to still be at their previous levels on my system.

How come the new levels of these two modules were put into a build,
but not into the repository which 'yum update' looks at ?

mikus