New PyGTK Tutorials

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Thu Jan 17 20:15:34 EST 2008

Hi Wade,

   > I wrote one today as well, after porting 3D Pong from OLPCGames to
   > pure PyGTK + cairo (it's a lot slower unfortunately, either their
   > line drawing or their text drawing needs serious optimization).  I
   > had to spend a bunch of time researching how to get smooth
   > animation out of PyGTK, so here are my results.

Thanks for doing all of this.

If you use Pippy's pygame support (see the bundled pygame examples in
Pippy) you should get a 20fps framerate limiter as well as pause-on-idle
support for free.  Pippy can create activity bundles -- if you'd be
interested in trying to create 3DPong inside Pippy, I'd like to hear
about whether it works well for you, and whether there are any changes
we should make to the pygame wrapper.

Thanks!

- Chris.
--