Violent games on the OLPC Activities page

Bennett Todd bet at rahul.net
Thu Jan 17 13:10:59 EST 2008

2008-01-17T17:31:38 Ricardo Carrano:
> Ok, but let's not be radical relativists. Nobody would agree that
> pornography (to give an example) would belong in the wiki.

Understood. And I'm not arguing for (or against) doom; I've never
seen it.

What scares me is precedent that anybody can say "I feel that's
inappropriate" and we all say, Ok. Take the intersection of just
that material that's acceptable to everyone, everywhere, and what's
left?

Before we all smugly pull a Jack Thompson and say "that's obviously
inappropriate, and if you don't agree you are wrong", is there any
chance we could discuss criteria?

Of course, if we're gonna say "it's obvious", the we clearly oughta
kick Browse. Look at all the horrible violence that's out there.
news.google.com is horrific.

-Bennett