B2s and OFW

Mitch Bradley wmb at laptop.org
Wed Jan 16 20:33:38 EST 2008

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> On 17.01.2008 02:02, Mitch Bradley wrote:
>
>> Ricardo Carrano wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Mitch!
>>>
>>> Would you recommend using firmware version q2d07 on a B2-1 unit?
>>>

>> Yes.
>>

> So Q2D07 has been tested on B2-1? How about B1 and B2-2? IIRC there were
> some EC changes incompatible to B1 and B2 models.

I don't have a B2-2, so I can't test that.  But I don't know of any
reason why it wouldn't work.

I just loaded Q2D07 on a B1. It seems to be working okay from the
firmware side of things - I can do copy-nand network accesses and "dir
nand:\" and things like that.  But the kernel is hanging somewhere in
the early startup - no kernel messages on either the screen or the
serial port.  I'm not entirely surprised; IIRC that B1 was flaky the
last time I tested it, which was some time ago.

Oh, I see what is happening.  This B1 has a bad 14 MHz clock - the OFW
diags caught the problem.

So my best guess is that Q2D07 is good on everything B and later.
> (I assume my A-Test board will have to stay with some really early
> firmware, especially because it needs that CL2.5 patch.)

We aren't supporting A-test anymore with the EC code.