[OLPC-Devel] Switch to a sane packaging and upgrade system

Iain (XO) Davidson xo at myna.ws
Wed Jan 16 17:48:00 EST 2008

ffm,
  Great suggstion !

I definitely discovered the issue, when I installed a bunch of packages via
'yum' (like 'update', and programs mc, vlc, emacs,etc). Then suddenly they
were gone after an update.

Doing something via 'yum update' and some trickery with the XS server / DNS
/ creative package naming, might be the solution.  Like, having an easy
method to 'yum update' via GUI after a 'olpc-update'.

Just my 2 cents to add to yours, :-)
-Iain