libglade?

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Mon Jan 14 19:22:35 EST 2008

I'd strongly suggest incrementally extending Pippy (making a "Poppy")
to add functionality, instead of starting from scratch.  That way, at
every point you will have a working application which is better than
what we have now, minimizing the chance that this will be Yet Another
Ambitious Develop Effort That Never Yields Usable Code.

In particular, translation support for Pippy is not outside Pippy's
scope, and interesting (but accessible) UI designs/implementations for
it would be Very Interesting.

In particular, I've been working on a simple icon editor, which should
address one of the largest current Pippy deficiencies (IMO).  Forking
a "Poppy" which replaced Pippy's sidebar of examples with a sidebar of
project contents would greatly increase the number of activities which
could be edited.
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )