q2d08A firmware anywhere?

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Sun Jan 13 12:52:12 EST 2008

Hi,

   > 1.  right now basically it's pretty easy to get the laptop into a
   > tight suspend/resume cycle that I can break out of somehow - I
   > think by pressing the power button at just the right time - but I
   > haven't tried to come up with a proper this-is-how-to-reproduce
   > script.  It might be #5979.

If you hit the power button, you enter "sleep" mode.  This is a tight
suspend/resume cycle -- when you hit any key other than the power
button, the XO will wake up, see that it woke up for the wrong reason,
and go back to sleep again.  To leave sleep mode, you must press the
power button again.

This would be more intuitive if the screen always stayed off in sleep
mode, which it should do reliably as of the next Joyride build; I just
pushed a new OHM.  (Actually, it seems the kernel's DCON driver is
broken with regard to suspend/resume in current Joyride, so maybe
it'll be a build or two after that.)

For Update.2, I'd like to tell the EC about sleep mode, and avoid the
temporary wakeups altogether.

Thanks,

- Chris.
--