Marvell microkernel replacement

Edward Cherlin echerlin at
Thu Jan 10 16:24:18 EST 2008

 I see on that there is a plan for replacing
   the proprietary microkernel in the Marvell wireless firmware with something
   Free so that, as I understand it, the OLPC XO can be the first computer to
   be delivered running only Free Software.

In private conversation with Richard Stallman, he told me that this is
the only obstacle to him supporting the project fully. I see rather
sporadic activity on the bug, but Walter has just said that we can
reopen this with Marvell in bug 429.

Edward Cherlin
Earth Treasury: End Poverty at a Profit