mesh portal discovery

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Wed Jan 9 18:50:15 EST 2008

> Just switch off the Legacy IP, as we should have
> done months ago, and get on with making things work properly.
> Anything else is a distraction.

I sympathize with how overworked OLPC developers are.  But a number
of G1G1 systems are getting into the hands of articulate net-aware
people.  If they become disenchanted by the Legacy IP performance of
the OLPC, what they say might result in hurting the whole project.

--------

> I completely fail to see why we need the DHCP server  ...

I don't have wireless at home.  First tried stopping NetManager, and
manually setting the IP address.  That worked, but screwed something
up so I could not use the system in a cafe.  So I restored the OLPC,
and added a DHCP server in my home, __just__ for the OLPC.  Effort
that I had not anticipated needing to expend.

mikus