Weird WLAN problem after stupid upgrade attempt

Mitch Bradley wmb at laptop.org
Wed Jan 9 19:27:02 EST 2008

If you revert to Q2D07, does "test /wlan" work again?

Q2D07 and Q2D08 have different versions of the wlan firmware wad.
Perhaps there is something about your wlan hardware that works with the
wlan firmware image in Q2D07, but not with the one in Q2D08 and not with
whichever version is in your OS version.  That is one of the only two
hypotheses that come to mind.  The other on is the possibility that
there is something flaky about the onboard USB connection, so that the
device sometimes enumerates and sometimes doesn't, depending on subtle
factors.