Free OLPC for someone who needs it

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 18:28:09 EST 2008

On Jan 5, 2008 5:13 PM, Jesse Molina <jesse at opendreams.net> wrote:

> I've got a free OLPC for someone who needs it.  It works fine.  I got it
> via the buy-one-get-one program.

The Sugarizing Factory project that Heather Stern and I are working on
could make good use of your G1G1 XO. We only have B4s currently.

We are analyzing the code requirements for Sugarizing non-Python apps,
and intend to reduce them to a formula, to be automated to the extent
possible. Then we will accept requests for Sugarizing any Free
educational apps and tools. I have made a partial list on the Linux
education packages Wiki page. I am proposing to start with the grpn
calculator.

> I'd prefer to give it to a developer or someone who can actually make
> use of it.  Or, I could just send it back to the OLPC Project and let
> them reformat and redistribute it.
>
> Even better is if someone with the OLPC Project could tell me of someone
> they know who needs one, and I'll ship it out.  My location is Arizona,
> United States.
>
> Otherwise, send me an email telling me what you plan to do with it and
> display some of your contributions or other involvement in the project.
>   Convince me that you're worthy and not just going to pawn it off on
> ebay after a month.
>

> --
> # Jesse Molina
> # Mail = jesse at opendreams.net