A jabber hosting offer...

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 15:46:42 EST 2008

On Jan 5, 2008 9:01 PM, drew einhorn <drew.einhorn at gmail.com> wrote:
> If we are going to have small local communities instead of one big one,
> the we need to be able to contact multiple jabber servers, because there
> will be communities organized by:
>
>    age groups
>    language
>    xo activity
>    geographic region
>    curriculum topic
>    and many more

There is a strong need for non-local communication, also. Earth
Treasury wants to encourage schools around the world to connect to
each other, for a variety of purposes.

* Education: Geography, culture, music, language, and many other topics
* Collaborative global mapping projects: weather, health, agriculture,
air and water quality, ecologies...
* Going into business together

In fact, I think we need a Social Networking Web site specifically for
the children, protected from adults who might want to interfere or
exploit children. And a site for teachers, parents, and other
interested parties. Would anybody here like to help create such sites?

Edward Cherlin
Earth Treasury: End Poverty at a Profit
http://www.EarthTreasury.org/