Printing et al.

Ed Montgomery edm at rocketmail.com
Fri Jan 4 02:34:16 EST 2008

Having been a computer teacher for several years, I
set up a network printer for those teachers who
requested it, (but it was a CONSTANT hassle, from
paper jam problems, to misconfiguration, toner
cartridges, etc.  I got around the problem by handing
off the problems to   windows techs, which left me to
the paradise of just running a linux lab ;-)).

In the meantime, I went paperless...:-)
My students were required to place all of their work
on websites/web pages.  Then it was always available,
never lost, shown to other students, parents,
teachers, etc. at any time! ;-)  (And optionally,
could be placed on the worldwide web, as opposed to
just a school network/server, if one really wanted to
'display' work, etc.) ;-)

A much better solution, I found. :-)
Heartily recommended, as opposed to the archaic method
of printing out reams of paper, multiplied by millions
of students/teachers/parents, at considerable cost to
the environment, etc.