Devel Digest, Vol 23, Issue 2

Jaya Kumar jayakumar.lkml at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 00:56:23 EST 2008

On Jan 1, 2008 5:10 PM, Arjun Sarwal <arjun at laptop.org> wrote:

> > There is a telemedicine kit from India for about $200, and there are
> > other possibilities. I have been encouraged by developments in blood
> > chemistry measurements that do not require a needle stick. The first
> > such product is likely to be a diabetic blood sugar meter, but the
> > process applies to any small molecule with a distinctive spectrum.
> >
> > I also have friends in the medical software business. There is a Free
> > Software implementation of the M language and the entire US Veterans
> > Administration/DoD hospital software system for medical records,
> > administration, pharmacy, and much more.
> >

> Glad to hear of these. Any one of these things can be developed/run
> around/on the XO ?

Hi Arjun,

I've CCed Sameer Sawarkar of Neurosynaptic. They have successfully
built a remote low cost diagnostic kit ( I think it's called ReMeDi)
that can measure temperature, blood pressure, ECG and heartbeat
(stethoscope) and perform other tasks. It won a prize at the World
Economic Forum 2007. There was an article in businessweek here:

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/07/11/1129_tech_pioneers/source/22.htm

I hope maybe XO and ReMeDi can, in someway, be complementary.

Regards,
jaya